• Born and raised in a musical family, Derek Simonis began singing gospel music at an early age around the piano with his sisters at home. His mother, an accomplished pianist, was his inspiration to sing.
• Derek was saved at an early age due to the influence of praying parents and a faithful Sunday School teacher. As a teenager, he turned his back on his upbringing and joined the military in an attempt run from God. However, God is faithful and drew the prodigal son back to Himself.
• In July of 2008, Derek and Jana met in a special church service, and it was love at first sight! They were married in February of 2009.
• In March of 2009, Derek surrendered to a call to preach. Derek and Jana continued to work in the music department at Bible Baptist in Erin, TN, as well as ministering at churches around the region and in prison ministry.
• In 2013, military moved the Simonis family to southern Alabama. During their time in Alabama, Derek and Jana were honored to be a part of the staff at Ewell Bible Baptist in Ozark. Derek first served as the Minister of Music and then their Assistant Pastor.
• In 2016, Derek was asked to join Liberty Quartet out of Meridian, ID, and the Simonis Family moved west. Derek spent two wonderful years ministering with Liberty across the western United States and Canada and was privileged to share the stage with such artists as Greater Vision, Legacy Five, Triumphant Quartet, Cana’s Voice, the Collingsworth Family, and many more.
• In the summer of 2018, Derek resigned from his position with Liberty Quartet, and the Simonis family entered a period of part-time evangelistic service. Jana also began to focus on finishing a degree in Christian, clinical counseling that the Lord had laid on her heart. She will graduate with her Bachelors degree in 2020, and she will continue on to get her Masters. She believes the Lord has called her to work with abused and neglected children.
• In late 2019, Derek and Jana followed the call of the Lord to move back to Tennessee to begin a church work in the area where they had once been stationed with the Army. God is continuing to open many doors in the area and around the southeast as they prepare to begin this new work. Derek and Jana are members of Yellow Creek Baptist Church in Cumberland City, TN.
• Derek and Jana have two boys, Daniel and Avery, who are their pride and joy. They have big imaginations and lots of energy, and they are already displaying a talent for singing!
• Derek and Jana’s desire is to glorify God, point the lost to Jesus Christ, and edify the saints. Whether ministering in a revival or a concert, Derek and Jana are committed to following the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
“The great lack of our churches and our nation today is not presentation, ability, money, or even sincerity. What we lack is the power of the Holy Spirit of God dwelling and working in the hearts of men and women.”
“If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?” Luke 11:13